A DOZEN DAFFY DELUSIONS
1. Urban rioting is scarier than Covid-19.
2. Only Trump can fix it.
3. Face masks infringe on freedom.
4. Immigration is bad for us.
5. Foreign trade costs jobs.
6. Gun ownership makes people safer.
7. Whites are better than blacks.
8. 2016 Russian election meddling was a hoax.
9. Trump tells it like it is.
10. He can only lose the election by fraud.
11. He’s making America great again.
12. He’s chosen by God.
1. Covid’s human and economic toll is literally thousands of times greater.
2. Trump stokes the societal divisions that lead to such violence. And he’s screwed up horribly on Covid.
3. Science is clear that masks curtail the spread of disease. Nobody has “freedom” to endanger others.
4. Immigrants contribute workers and skills we need, creating wealth, paying taxes, and adding consumer demand that means more jobs.
5. Trade enables consumers to buy things cheaper, leaving them with more money to spend on other things, which in turn creates more jobs, not fewer.
6. A gun in the home is way more likely to injure a family member than an intruder.
America’s gun violence far outstrips other countries, because of less regulation and more guns.
7. Anyone believing that proves their own inferiority.
8. Major Russian subversion was conclusively proven by evidence.
9. He’s the biggest liar ever (also proven).
10. He can only win the election by fraud, because sensible Americans are fed up with his freak show.
11. His mishandling Covid and the resultant economic fallout hugely damages America. His disgusting behavior degrades our global standing.
12. There is no God. But if there were, he’d be a fool to rely on Trump.